We are currently seeking queer mothers* & their families to participate in our family portrait series.
Participating families will receive a free, family portrait session and an online gallery of images to keep as compensation for their involvement.
The Pride & Joy Project is a community based family portrait series focusing on queer mothers* & their families.
Our primary goals are to inspire, to strengthen the community, and increase awareness of our beautiful, diverse families.
The Pride & Joy Project is queer Mama*-centric: queer women, queer mothers, Babas, husbutches, and includes transgender, genderqueer, and gender expansive spouses, partners, and parents. We use the asterisk to indicate that not all parents who participate in The Pride & Joy Project identify with the term "mama" or "mother". The Pride & Joy Project is proud to include transgender, gender non-conforming, gender expansive, and nonbinary parents.
Love makes a family!
What happens next?
- We will confirm that we got your email!
- We will respond as soon as possible to confirm a date, time, and super-special location that works for everyone. Each family may choose 1 location for their portrait session.
- We meet at our predetermined location & take the most fabulous family portraits ever!
- After your shoot we will send you an online album of your photos that you can save, print, and share. The images are yours to keep & with it you receive our gratitude & thanks for making our community brighter & stronger by sharing your story.
- We pick out 5 - 10 photos that are featured on our website, facebook, and social media.
For more details, informations, and commonly asked questions click here: FAQs
Visibility & community are more important than ever.
In the last year alone our photos have reached families in more than 15 countries across the globe.
Help us reach even more queer mothers* & families to make our community strong everywhere we go.
One of our long term goals is to travel to multiple cities, all over the world, to photograph as many queer mothers & families as possible. We cannot do that without your help. Please consider making a donation to help The Pride & Joy Project photograph more mothers & their families everywhere that we live & love.